Back End Developer (learn Go) at techfolk on behalf of Third Light
Cambridge, United Kingdom (Posted Jan 18 2018)
About the company
techfolk is working on behalf of Third Light.
Third Light is a small, fast-expanding software company based just outside Cambridge. We create products that simplify the organisation and management of digital media files. Our products are used by hundreds of organisations such as the United Nations and Oxford University, brands that include NASCAR, NATO, and Virgin, and not-for-profits such as the Scouts and Guide Dogs. We employ integrity and intelligent thinking to provide well-designed, easy-to-use products and always strive to provide a high quality of customer service
- Remote work is NOT possible
Third Light is seeking a Back End Developer, either a seasoned Gopher or capable back end developer looking to cross-train to Go, to help deliver sophisticated new product features for release to our Digital Asset Management product – features that will have immediate positive impact for our global user base.
We're a small, but expanding, software development team building an enterprise-level software application with a highly-polished UI using state-of-the art techniques. We employ an iterative, design-led process where everyone on the team gets a say. We are agile and manage our work using a gentle scrum process and encourage a lightweight, productive approach to development.
Your opinion and expertise will be valued from day one.
- Implement workflow and automation microservices to realise intuitive automated channel publishing tools
- Extend image classifier daemon with face recognition tech to allow searching for individuals within the product
- Migrate file metadata handling to a new Go microservice, improving speed and responsiveness for the end user
- Automate orchestration of microservices in our product e.g. exploring Kubernetes
- < your idea here! >
Salary and benefits:
- £35,000 - £50,000+ negotiable
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday + public holidays | flexible hours | bicycle and free car parking| on site cafe | good coffee and tea | choice of high end workstation | an adorable Beagle to brighten the office
Skills & requirements
We're looking for:
- Someone who's positive about Go and wishes to learn and embrace this exciting language
- Proven back end coding skills, in a Linux environment e.g. Go, Erlang, Haskell, Java, Node.js, Python
- Experience in designing, building, and maintaining web services, ideally microservices
- Experience with relational databases e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Someone who may be considering Mid level Back End Developer jobs in Cambridge such as: Go Developer | Go Microservices Developer | Golang Developer | Java Developer | Node.js Developer | Python Developer etc.
You may bring - or like to gain - skills in any of the following:
- Containers, containers as services and automated container deployment
- Large-scale storage, manipulation and streaming of multimedia
- Machine intelligence, visual recognition or similar numerical computation
- Production experience in systems configuration, monitoring, logging, and metrics gathering
Our current technology mix:
Instructions how to apply
Please send your CV to Vittoria: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: This job is NOT remote and you must already hold the necessary permits to work in the UK.
[ job website
Let them know you found the job via http://www.golangprojects.com
(Companies love to know what recruiting strategies that works)