Infrastructure Engineer Golang at ShiftLeft
Portland, Oregon, United States
🇺🇸 (Posted Jan 4 2018)
About the company
ShiftLeft.io is developing a new model for protecting software. We limit the attack surface proactively by understanding the Security DNA of each new version of any application or micro-service to strengthen it. This helps businesses increase the speed at which issues resulting from non-conformance with security DNA of their apps can be identified and automatically triaged.
Join us to rethink security, transform an industry, work with smart people, and have fun.
Relocation compensation available
We are looking for a talented Infrastructure Engineer who can help us continue to grow our efforts developing infrastructure for security metrics collection. Your task is to create a scalable and performant architecture for data metrics collection and alerting, which are used to inform operators of ongoing security breaches or violations.
You’d make a great addition to our team if you’re highly motivated, eager to take on big challenges, equally comfortable working individually or as part of a team, and driven to deliver value.
ShiftLeft is a Silicon Valley startup employing innovative techniques to bring clarity and rigor to the security space. We support teams looking to align delivery and security so that they can move even faster with more confidence.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We are dedicated to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or protected veteran status. We are deliberately fostering a trusting, supportive organization that embodies a generative culture.
Skills & requirements
* 4+ years experience building distributed services and/or data infrastructure
* Languages: Golang (Knowledge of other languages is a plus)
* A keen eye for high-quality software engineering
* Experience with backend technologies: databases (eg Cassandra, NoSQL), message queues (eg Kafka, RabbitMQ), containers (eg Docker, rkt), discovery/config services (eg etcd, consul), container orchestrators (eg Kubernetes, Mesosphere/Mesos/Marathon), key management (eg HashiCorp Vault), AWS technologies (eg Dynamo, S3, SQS, SNS, ECS, lambda), caches (eg Redis, memcached), RPCs (eg gRPC, protobuf), micro-services etc.
* Experience designing and building highly-performant data models
* Experience building high-throughput data ingestion systems
* Data Science experience is a plus
* BigData experience is a plus: Hadoop, Spark, Giraph
Instructions how to apply
Send your resume to email@example.com
[ job website
Let them know you found the job via https://www.golangprojects.com
(Companies love to know what recruiting strategies that works)