Software Engineer at Synthace
London, United Kingdom (Posted Jan 2 2018)
About the company
The potential for biological engineering to create new medicines and sustainable technologies is revolutionary, but today, working with biology takes too long, costs too much, and fails too often. Named by the World Economic Forum as one of the world’s 30 Technology Pioneers 2016, Synthace is re-imagining how we work with biology by developing a high level language and operating system for the physical world called Antha, which is already shifting how scientists work in major pharmaceutical, agricultural, and chemical production companies.
- Remote work is NOT possible
We are looking for a software engineer to continue developing and scaling our products and infrastructure at Synthace.
Named by the World Economic Forum as one of the world’s 30 Technology Pioneers 2016, Synthace is re-imagining how we work with biology, exponentially improving the speed and quality of the final results. This is made possible through our high-level language and operating system for labs, Antha, which is already impacting how scientists work with biology in major companies like Dow, Merck and GSK.
You’ll be working within a tight-knit development team on exciting projects with plenty of technical challenge to get your teeth into, you will:
- Design, build, test, and maintain high-performance and scalable microservices in a global, federated container cluster
- Integrate and deploy custom and off-the-shelf software components
- Manage deadlines and priorities in a dynamic environment that blends software and wet-lab development
- Master our current technology stack which includes: Kubernetes Federation, Go, Google Cloud, Docker, and Ansible
Skills & requirements
- BA/BS degree in computer science or equivalent work experience
- Experience with Unix development environments
- Working knowledge of common network protocols (HTTP, TLS, GRPC)
- Well versed in any of the following programming languages: C, C++, Java, Python, or Go
- Working knowledge of HA and distributed systems
In addition, you are committed to delivering high quality software to a tight schedule. Excellent communication skills are also a must in our fast-paced, multidisciplinary environment.
Instructions how to apply
email cv/resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply via https://careers.synthace.com
[ job website
Let them know you found the job via http://www.golangprojects.com
(Companies love to know what recruiting strategies that works)