Senior DevOps / Site Reliability Engineer at Fresh8 Gaming
Bristol, United Kingdom (Posted Oct 23 2017)
About the company
Fresh8 Gaming has created software that instantly connects sport fans with personalised bets. Our marketing automation technology delivers rich messaging, a simpler user experience and increasing profitability to the sports betting industry. Our platform utilises open source, machine learning and runs in the cloud at scale, supporting millions of users worldwide.
Our success to date speaks for itself. Our Engineering team has grown to 15 strong across offices in Bristol and London. Since 2014, we have landed a series of awards including Services Rising Star at EGR B2B Awards last year and have recently landed a new injection of funding to continue our rapid growth.
Our platform generates dynamic and personalised adverts on behalf of gaming operators and publishers and our clients include BetStars, BetVictor, Coral, Ladbrokes, Sky Bet, The Telegraph and William Hill. http://fresh8gaming.com
Location: central Bristol, by Temple Meads (South West UK)
- Remote work is NOT possible
Fresh8 Gaming is hiring for a DevOps / Site Reliability Engineer to help run the infrastructure underpinning our high-traffic live services, to automate the deployment and configuration of our entire software stack with Ansible and Terraform, and to guide our software engineers as we optimise our codebase.
Supported by Dom our Principal Engineer and, collaborating with our platform engineering team, this is a hands-on operations position, including project work, custom automation, platform improvements and technology exploration. We've achieved a number of milestones since the last round of hiring including further funding and we're now ready for you to join us, becoming our Lead within 12-24 months.
Our philosophy is to use the right tool for the job, choosing Hashicorp Consul for health checks and distributed service discovery, Docker (Moby) for streamlining development and integrations tests, Aerospike for super fast persistent key value storage, Google BigQuery as our data warehouse for analytics data ready for machine learning, and Google Pub/Sub as an asynchronous messaging queue. We also use Postgres and Redis, both of which have been battle tested over a number of years in enterprise environments.
We’re about collaboration and openness, with a fairly flat team structure. We’re fast moving and we iterate and ship code fast. Your work will help us continue to create great software and ensure we have complete site reliability and effective scaling. We offer a strong technical challenge and ongoing personal development from the many business goals ahead. We believe in open source and contribute wherever possible, check us out on GitHub.
- Continuous delivery and 100% automation in Terraform and Ansible for our various environments
- Container orchestration for isolated testing and reducing our infrastructure costs
- Management of our 30+ (and growing) microservices and their dependencies
- Scaling caching and data storage in an intelligent and cost-effective way
- Introducing workflows for postmortems, error budgeting and incident reports
Our current technology mix - we'll help you get up to speed:
Python and Golang services | Google Cloud Platform | Google Compute Engine | Ansible | GitHub | Ubuntu | Redis | BigQuery | PostgreSQL | Aerospike | Prometheus | Grafana | Pub/Sub | and more...
Salary and benefits:
- From £50,000+ negotiable
- Flexible working practices | 25 days paid holiday | a broad range of practical benefits provided via Perkbox | opportunities to grow your skillset using the latest technologies | personal development time/resources/conferences budget | choose your own hardware | bike scheme | broader benefits package and auto enrolment pensions scheme to be introduced late this year | team outings and inter-office socials, we have offices both in Bristol and London | our whole stack is based on open source, we've contributed to frameworks and plan to share reusable components from our application
Skills & requirements
- You're ready to shape and run Site Reliability operations for high-traffic production services
- You can articulate improvements within platform engineering for operational benefit
- You're comfortable delivering services to multiple engineering teams concurrently, utilising tools such as: Ansible, Chef, Jenkins, Puppet etc.
- You automate effectively, with strong scripting skills in languages such as: Perl, Python, Ruby, Shell, Tcl etc.
Instructions how to apply
Even if your CV isn't ready, please talk with Vittoria at techfolk to find out more: 0117 318 2447 | firstname.lastname@example.org | @we_are_techfolk
You may apply via the link provided, thanks.
RECRUITERS: Fresh8 Gaming has selected techfolk as our recruitment partner for this role and cold calling is not welcomed.
[ job website
Let them know you found the job via http://www.golangprojects.com
(Companies love to know what recruiting strategies that works)