Systems Engineer / Go Developer at Apprenda
New York, New York, United States
🇺🇸 (Posted Aug 30 2017)
About the company
Dubbed the "Anti-Silicon Valley Startup" by Forbes magazine, and recently ranked #3 in “The Best Enterprise Cloud Computing Startups To Work For” list, Apprenda empowers software developers and IT departments to succeed in a new class of software-defined enterprises, disrupting industries and winning with software. Our technology is used by some of the biggest organizations on the planet to revolutionize the way they develop, deploy and run their applications.
We do this by bringing together more than 10 years of experience working with Global 2000 companies and increasingly influential open source projects such as Docker and Kubernetes. This is the future of computing and we at Apprenda are making it possible! We embrace our fast-paced startup culture and encourage or sometimes require team members to wear multiple hats to meet our business goals.
We’re looking for great engineers with a desire to tackle complex problems in the world of distributed systems, containers and cloud-native architectures, and to join us in our journey to define how software applications are developed, deployed and managed at scale.
## Job Description:
* You will play a key role in the design, development, and delivery of distributed server-side systems and their associated technologies.
* You will work closely with other Apprenda teams and customers to incorporate real-world needs into our products and projects.
* You will raise your profile as a contributor to the Kubernetes and other, related open source communities.
Skills & requirements
* You write and debug elegant, well-documented code in Go and other compiled languages.
* You work well in a team setting and in collaboration with the larger open source communities.
* You are proficient with open source inspired workflows (git, pull requests, etc.)
* You are passionate about technology, learn fast and can work independently when needed.
* You care about the details and about doing things right.
## Pluses (Optional but “nice to haves”):
* You have experience with containers, distributed systems and cloud native technologies (like Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, etc.)
* You have worked with multiple software development technologies, libraries, runtimes and at different levels of the stack.
* You have a solid understanding of POSIX Operating Systems principles and practical experience with Linux system administration.
* You are knowledgeable about networking concepts, their different implementations and practical applications.
* You have a keen understanding of the challenges with typical enterprise software development.
* You have experience with scripting languages (Python, Shell, Ruby) and configuration management systems (like Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.)
Most of all, we look for passionate, creative, problem solvers that enjoy being in the company of other bright and fun minds. Bring it! This is Apprenda!
Instructions how to apply
If this seems like a good fit for you, come join us and improve your talents while building breakthrough products that solve real customer problems and have a huge impact. We are hungry to change the world. Are you?
Apprenda has raised more than $57M in venture capital from Safeguard Scientifics, Ignition Partners, New Enterprise Associates (NEA) and Primary Venture Partners.
This is a confidential search. All applicants will remain confidential to our team. Please visit this URL for additional information:
or send your resume to email@example.com
[ job website
Let them know you found the job via https://www.golangprojects.com
(Companies love to know what recruiting strategies that works)