Cloud Validation Engineer at Intel
Guadalajara, Mexico (Posted Aug 20 2015)
About the company
The Data Center Group (DCG) drives new products technologies from high-end co-processors for supercomputers to low-energy systems for enterprise and the cloud, as well as solutions for big data and intelligent devices. The group is a worldwide organization that develops the products and technologies that power nine of every 10 servers sold worldwide. www.intel.com/jobs/datacenter The SDI (Software Defined Infrastructure) Team is driving innovation for the future of intelligent cloud computing.
The SDI (Software Defined Infrastructure) Team is driving innovation for the future of intelligent cloud computing.
We are looking for engineers experienced at validating advanced cloud solutions. As a cloud validation engineer you will work as part of a team to ensure quality of cutting-edge solutions from a wide variety of disciplines. The position requires the ability to innovate as part of a team, communicate complex, stay abreast of technology trends within the cloud computing space, and prove out concepts through hands on engineering.
What you will do:
- Assemble and/or develop tools to validate industry use cases around cloud solutions.
- Develop automated test solutions to validate cloud for Intel and external community.
- Perform validation for cloud solutions being developed inside Intel.
- Consult industry trends around cloud and data center.
- Advise open source solutions for cloud within the FOSS (free and open-source software)community.
- Collaborate with Intel business partners in regards of cloud joint ventures.
- Advise external customers in regards of cloud QA.
- Partner with external communities to develop and review test cases.
- Monitor quality level of cloud solutions to maintain compliance with organizational standards.
- Collaborate with local and global engineering teams to drive effective and consistent delivery.
- Establish CI/CD workflows.
- Design CI/CD solutions to expedite time to market.
Skills & requirements
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Understanding of data center and cloud concepts.
- Solid understanding of Linux Containers.
- 1+ years experience with scripting, building tools, or automation techniques to manage and/or validate cloud platforms.
- 1+ years experience with virtualized stacks like VMware or OpenStack.
- 3+ years experience with Ruby, Python, Java, C#, C++ or Golang.
- 2 + years experience with Linux kernel and internals, including Cgroups, namespace isolation, memory management, concurrency, memory allocation, process scheduling, and file systems.
- Understanding of computers architecture concepts.
- Understanding of distributed systems.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Has worked in an agile development environment.
- Has worked in a continuous integration development life cycle.
- Ability to consume and utilize new programming languages, design patterns, APIs, or tool sets quickly.
- Major team player, with excellent communication skills.
- Passion to exceed expectations and constantly push the envelope.
Instructions how to apply
see the job website
[ job website
Let them know you found the job via http://www.golangprojects.com
(Companies love to know what recruiting strategies that works)