Site Reliability Engineer at Walmart eCommerce
Sunnyvale, CA, California, United States (Posted Mar 25 2015)
- Remote work is NOT possible
Relocation compensation available
The @WalmartLabs Platform team is responsible for building & maintaining the next-generation eCommerce platform that powers Walmart Global eCommerce. With complex distributed systems, sometimes things don’t work as expected. With this in mind, we are building a team that will be called upon to investigate core issues with platforms, infrastructure, middleware, etc. and provide root cause analysis.
Do you enjoy troubleshooting complex distributed systems? Are you curious about what goes on “under the hood”? As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will be a part of a talented team that focuses on diagnosing complex issues in all layers of the stack, from source code to network packets, using existing tools as well as creating new tools to streamline the troubleshooting process. Some of the technologies we use include Linux, KVM, Java, Spring, Node.js, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Couchbase, Cassandra, Kafka, Camus, Hadoop, Hive, Elasticsearch, Graphite.
Skills & requirements
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 8+ years experience building scalable ecommerce applications
• 8+ years object-oriented experience with Java-based systems
• Experience with large-scale distributed infrastructure systems and client-server architectures
• Solid understanding of network elements such as switches, firewalls, load balancers, DNS, etc.
• Must possess a thorough understanding of the factors involved in scaling systems
• Solid experience working with development tools such as Eclipse, Git, Maven, Jenkins, etc.
• Proficiency in one or more of scripting languages (Shell, Groovy, Python, Ruby)
• Proficient with Linux command line tools
• Experience profiling Java applications
• Experience analyzing GC logs and tuning the Java GC
Additional Preferred Qualifications
• Linux Kernel Oops troubleshooting experience
• Linux KVM tuning experience
• Experience troubleshooting network issues with tools such as tcpdump, Wireshark, etc.
• Experience developing tools using libpcap
• Experience with Couchbase and/or Cassandra
• Experience with a Time Series Database (TSDB)
• Experience developing using either a RDBMS such as Oracle, PostgreSQL, or MySQL
• Experience developing with NoSQL databases such as Couchbase, Cassandra, Mongo DB etc.
Instructions how to apply
and send your resume/profile to firstname.lastname@example.org
[ job website
Let them know you found the job via http://www.golangprojects.com
(Companies love to know what recruiting strategies that works)