Software Engineer at Product Health
London, United Kingdom (Posted Mar 24 2015)
About the company
Product Health’s vision is for longer and healthier lives for powered products. To achieve this we sell intelligence on products as a service to manufacturers and distributors of those products. We call this Product Health Service. Customers can see how a product is being used, if the product is healthy or if it is getting into trouble. They can pre-empt when their customer will need a product upgrade or product maintenance and they can control the product remotely.
To date we’ve been targeting Product Health Service for the off-grid power sector in Sub-Saharan Africa. More specifically, we have been remotely monitoring batteries for Solar Home System manufacturers distributing solar power to remote rural locations and for battery manufacturers distributing batteries used for back-up power in cities.
- Remote work is NOT possible
*What we're looking for*
We're looking for someone to help us build out our server-side infrastructure, which will be supporting the devices in the field. This will involve helping to specify and build all parts of the system including a high volume data store, an analytics platform and web applications making use of the APIs that we are building. You will be part of a tight team that uses an agile project management and engineering approach to achieve great things. You will be using the Go programming language everyday. There is a very strong focus on automation and testing which enables us to manage large systems with minimal overhead.
Contract: full time
Compensation: competitive salary dependent on experience. Company options scheme
You will report to the CTO
Skills & requirements
*Skills & Experience*
You are an experienced developer used to working on high-volume data applications and web facing APIs. You have a computer science background and understand the challenges of working with large data sets. You take pride in delivering high quality software and testing is a key part of your development approach. You are comfortable working at a range of levels of software, from low level protocols, to high level structures.
* Experience of Go development
* Experience of an additional mainstream programming language like Java or Python
* Experience of developing REST services on Linux servers
* Database design - ideally having had experience of high transaction levels, particularly with PostgreSQL, but also with NoSQL databases, e.g Cassandra
* Experience of working in an agile team
* Experience working in a startup environment
* An eagerness to learn new things (programming languages, technologies, etc)
* Computer Science or related degree or similar qualification
* Experience using Amazon AWS services
* An understanding of data analytics
* Experience using functional programming techniques
* Academic, personal or professional experience in sustainability
* An enthusiasm for the developing field of the internet of things
Instructions how to apply
Company website: Product Health
Let them know you found the job via http://www.golangprojects.com
(Companies love to know what recruiting strategies that works)