Sr. Software Engineer, Couchbase Mobile at Couchbase
Any, United States (Posted Sep 29 2014)
About the company
Couchbase provides the world's most complete, most scalable and best performing NoSQL database.
- Remote work possible
You will design and implement backend components for Couchbase Mobile -- which is a native mobile database that runs on iOS, Android, and .NET platforms which can transparently sync data to Couchbase Server running in a public or private cloud. You will be part of a dev team working on problems in a number of areas: mobile document data storage, replication, performance, scalability and reliability. You'll work primarily on our Sync Gateway component, which is written in pure Go and is open source under the Apache 2 license. Couchbase engineers are active open contributors for Couchbase Server, Apache CouchDB, memcached, and other open source projects.
* Participate in all phases of development process: requirements, architecture, and implementation
* Research and implement industry and academic leading-edge algorithms for distributed computing (consensus, multi-master replication, etc)
* Work with peers in an agile development environment
* Develop high-quality software, with accompanying high quality automated testing.
Skills & requirements
* Deep understanding and experience with concurrency, in particular how Go's concurrency model differs from those of other languages.
* Hands-on coding experience with Go and familiarity with Go programming idioms
* 4+ years developing commercial or open source packaged, downloadable software.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills, analytical skills, and fanatical attention to detail.
* Solid experience with software development life cycles.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to be an outstanding team player.
* Self-motivated, independent, and high-performance individual, with ability to learn new technologies and become productive extremely fast; strive for challenges with a do-what-ever-it-takes mentality.
Instructions how to apply
Please send your resume to email@example.com.
Company website: Couchbase
Let them know you found the job via http://www.golangprojects.com
(Companies love to know what recruiting strategies that works)