Backend Engineer at Onefootball GmbH
Berlin (Germany), Germany (Posted Dec 16 2016)
About the company
We are crazy about football. That’s why we created the best mobile football platform for fans around the world. Whether you’re looking for the latest scores and news or want to connect with your football mates, Onefootball makes it happen. Anytime. Anywhere.
Since 2008 we’ve been redefining the way people connect to football. This pioneering spirit has always been at the core of our thinking. Delivering the best product over and over again has brought us to where we are today, from being the first sports app ever on the App Store to becoming the world’s biggest mobile football application. Today, we fuel the passion of 23 million football fans around the world, providing the digital space for users to follow the game and share their voice among friends. Available on iOS, Android, Windows and as a web app, Onefootball is pursuing its goal to bring football to the people driven by a team of talented young football enthusiasts and backed by a group of top investors.
- Remote work is NOT possible
Join us as experienced Backend Engineer and become a vital part of our engineering team by showing your passion for robust and scalable distributed backend services.
- Write code that your co-workers appreciate for its readability and elegance.
- Work on a growing set of backend services that bring the latest scores, match highlights and statistics for hundred of competitions to our users in no time by closely cooperating with our Product team.
- Read and analyse data from our data providers, process and deliver it to our user base via the latest web technologies: mobile push notifications, WebSockets and more.
- Be responsible for delivering features and APIs on the backend service side in close cooperation with our Frontend and Apps teams.
Skills & requirements
Who we're looking for
- You have experience in developing and maintaining fast, scalable and well-documented APIs.
- You know exactly what scalability, caching and load testing mean.
- You have developed backend services using Go.
- Experience in other languages such as Java, PHP or Python is welcome.
- You are able to design data models for relational databases like MySQL or PostgreSQL as well as for any kind of NoSQL data store including MongoDB, Redis and others.
- You’re convinced that the best backend is made of simple, easy-to-understand building blocks that form a reliable system.
- You know the current trends in architecture and web services.
- Experience in SCRUM is a plus.
- You effectively and clearly communicate with team members.
- And if you're a football fan, all the better.
Instructions how to apply
Please apply via our careers page: https://www.onefootball.com/company/jobs/backend-engineer.html
[ job website
Let them know you found the job via http://www.golangprojects.com
(Companies love to know what recruiting strategies that works)